Resources for Clients and Alumni
GDB’s extensive follow-up program and alumni support services are the most comprehensive of their kind, including everything from phone consultation, personal home visits, education, networking, and many things in between! Our commitment to you continues through the working life of your guide dog, your dog's retirement, and beyond.
As a first step to receive assistance, please call the Support Center at 800.295.4050 between 8am PST and 4pm PST.
Through phone support, we can help you with a variety of issues such as access discrimination, veterinary financial assistance, or even emotional support issues such as family adjustment or a dog's retirement by connecting you with our professional peer counselor on staff.
Our support staff is also available via the Specialized Help section of the Be My Eyes app to assist GDB clients and applicants with guide dog related issues such as equipment fit, dog behavior, help with GDB-related paperwork, and more.
Field Service Managers
For in-person visits and support, GDB’s field service managers live and work in regions throughout the United States and Canada to assist you with any issues you may be having with your guide dog. In tandem with our Support Center, the field service managers coach and help problem-solve issues related to guidework, dog care, canine behavioral issues, and more.
The following is a list of the field service managers and the states that they cover in their respective zones:
- Bill Archie: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and parts of East Texas and Florida
- Michelle Cliborn: Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, and parts of Texas
- Chuck Farrugia: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and the Canadian Provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec
- Will Henry: Connecticut, Delaware, Main, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia and parts of Florida
- Charles Nathan: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska and the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia and the Yukon Territories.
- Todd Jurek: Hawaii, Nevada, and Northern California, including Monterey, Kings, Tulare, and Inyo counties.
- Lauren Ross: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and the Canadian Provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan
- Lucy Waite: Arizona and Southern California, including San Luis Obispo, Kern, and San Bernardino counties
Need a Refresher?
Download all of the GDB class lecture materials to study at your own pace.